This repo also contains a complete OS configuration for a Thinkpad T495/T495(s)!
Desktop Wallpaper Included
Do you want a super fast developer environment setup for you with all the tools? Do you want to try the fastest BSD with a file system fast as a MacBook Pro but with:
- Instant recovery on mount
- Instant snapshots
- Mounted snapshots are writable
You read that right, no more fsck, no recovery procedures, no worries about unexpected power loss! Rollback your dev environment, or file, easily and quickly. This is how easy snapshots are:
daily_snapshot_hammer2_dirs="/" # optional
With this repo you can run a single Python script and harden your Dragonfly installation like a pro in seconds!
Custom DE Theme
Focusing on a work process of no distractions, color palettes easy on the eyes for long hours of programming, keybindings that keep your hand movement to a minimum, everything about the UX is ⚡ fast.
- Stripped down AwesomeWM custom theme
- Only what you need
- All windows are maximized, no tiling, and use the most legible Nerd-Font to ease eye strain
- System Status Dashboard Script
- Public IP, OpenDNS ping, CPU temp with audio and visual warning at threshold, Battery, WiFi, CPU usage, Memory Usage, HDD usage
- AstroNVIM custom pre-configured for Dragonfly
- Eye friendly color palette
- Hand friendly spacebar commands
- Pre-configured for Python, Rust, Node, Lua, C
- Pre-configured with fzy-finder for super fast searche.
- Oh-My-Zsh custom
- Markdown preview function simulating GitHub markdown style with auto-generated Table of Contents
- Pre-configured Dragonfly UTF-8 support
- OS enhancements
- Custom root prompt
- Make the Dragonfly BSD HAMMER2 file system even faster with ripgrep and fd-find
- Firefox lockdown
- Firewall + OpenDNS
- Even more, check out the install manual
Simply install xorg and run
If you own a Thinkpad T495 or want to purchase a BSD laptop, that model is one of the most BSD compatible and latest (2019) models you can get. This repo contains a script to fully configure everything about your laptop!
Get it at my git server here.
I'll take encouragement for releasing this for other ThinkPads if you post your hardware list. I'll be releasing just the environment/rice without the hardware install for all BSDs soon!